01 June 2009

Sing along with the Second Amendment!

In light of the "Gun Sales Skyrocket" piece in Saturday's New Britain Herald, here are my favorite gun songs (in alphabetical order):

“Bang Bang” (from Robin and the Seven Hoods) (Cahn/Heusen)
“Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)” (Sonny Bono)
“Hallelujah” (L. Cohen)
only for the line: “All I’ve ever learned from love is how to shoot at someone who outdrew you”

“Happiness is a Warm Gun” (Lennon/McCartney)

“I Shot the Sherriff” (Marley)

“Pistol Packin’ Mama" (Dexter)

“Scared of Guns” (J.W. Harding)

“You Can’t Get a Man with a Gun” (Berlin)

2 comments:

  1. Good ones... Mine are... All Guns Blazing (Pain Killer, Judas Priest); Billy Get Your Guns (Blaze of Glory, Bon Jovi); Stick to Your Guns (Too Fast for Love, Motley Crue) Lawyers, Guns and Money (Warren Zevon); Simple Solution Parts 1 and 2 (Nazareth); Long Walk Home (Neil Young Crazy Horse) And the problems they solve are greater than the problems they create? Not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My older daughter reminded me of Michael Penn's "Cupid's Got a Brand New Gun"

    ReplyDelete