21 June 2009

Happy Father's Day (Part II)




My lovely wife, the mother of my children, gave me a wonderful coffee table book Paul Newman: A Life in Pictures (Chronicle Books, 2006) as one of my Father's Day presents.

Has there ever been a man who was better looking for that long? If so, I'd like to see his pictures. (Feel free to post them and send us all the link.)

While the constant comments on his looks obviously annoyed him (as he is quoted in the book, "I picture my epitaph: 'Here lies Paul Newman, who died a failure because his eyes turned brown,'"), one can't help but notice how great he always looked.

Yes, he was a great actor (Hud, Butch Cassidy..., The Color of Money, etc...), a wonderful humanitarian (The Hole in the Wall Gang, the salad dressing, the tomato sauce), a fine racer, and a pretty smart businessman (yes, that salad dressing and tomato sauce again...), but, man, he was handsome!

No comments:

Post a Comment