22 April 2010

The burning question I had yesterday afternoon before seeing...

...the Lincoln Center production of South Pacific last night at the Bushnell was: would I come into the office this morning singing "Some Enchanted Evening" or "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Out of My Hair?"

The winner: NEITHER. I waltzed into Willard Hall with "I'm in Love I'm in Love I'm in Love I'm in love with a WONDERFUL Guy"!

Additional reassuring fact: the 10-year-old daughter couldn't for the life of her figure out what the problem Nellie had with Emil (aside from his being boring). His once being married to a Polynesian woman and having two children with her (may she rest in peace) didn't register with her at all. Thank heavens.

2 comments:

  1. How 'bout thanking the thousands of humans who put their lives on the line at sit-ins, marches, jailhouses, etc.? Other humans, including artists, some of them black-listed for their efforts, also contributed on the cultural side. The change was the result of conscious effort and struggle (which is not over); it didn't just float down from above!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't mean to imply it happened on its own. Point well taken, and, more importantly, poimt understood by the 10-year-old -- thanks to her schooling!

    ReplyDelete