01 February 2011

MY Super Bowl Half-time Show!


With the Super Bowl just a few days away, I was thinking about a half-time show that I'd want to see (i.e., NOT the Black Eyed Peas, or the Rolling Stones, or Janet Jackson, or the Who...)

No, I'd want one that, since the big games in Dallas, is a Texas-/cowboy-themed half-time show!  And, sure, some of these folks are dead, but that shouldn't stop Jerry Jones!

John Wayne (True Grit clip)

Dean Martin ("Houston")

George Strait ("All My Exes Live in Texas")

Emily Dickinson ("Yellow Rose of Texas")

Tanya Tucker ("When I Die")

John Denver ("I'd Rather Be a Cowboy")



And, as far as a prediction of the game goes, as much as I'd like the Packers to win (ya gotta love Bart Starr and Vince Lombardi, after all!), I just don't see how anyone can bet against the Steelers. 

Pittsburgh 24, Green Bay 17

No comments:

Post a Comment