Here's the wordle. I wish the word "students" was bigger!
The plan, released yesterday, would:
1. Eliminate the boards for the Connecticut State University System, the community colleges, Charter Oak State College and the Board of Governors for Higher Education and combine their authority into one Board of Regents for Higher Education.
2. Consolidate the central offices of CSU and the community college system and the management of DHE and Charter Oak State College into one office reporting to one CEO.
3. Direct the Board of Regents and CEO to develop a strategic plan with public and stakeholder participation to increase Connecticut's educational attainment.
4. Direct the Board of Regents to develop a formula to distribute taxpayer support to campuses on the basis of enrollment, attainment of identified policy goals and other factors.
5. Require the Board to develop annual reports on:
a. Student outcomes such as retention and graduation
b. Financial issues including
i. Allocation of resources across functions (education, administration, etc.)
ii. Analysis of costs and revenues on an academic program basis
iii. An affordability index based on median Connecticut family household income
c. Enrollment and completions on a program basis
d. Transfer of credits across institutions
e. Employment and earning outcomes of graduates (in partnership with the state Department of Labor)