So, in the last couple of days, the Mayor's Office of New Britain, CT, posted its first-ever "Bear Alert" after sightings of bears on the west end, and a bear has been spotted and tranquilized in downtown New Britain.
See video here.
So, why are bears coming to New Britain? Here are the top five reasons:
5. For the waters. (Check out that annual water quality report!)
4. They're not sure what the hell a Rock Cat is either.
3. Even the bears know that Central Connecticut State University is the best educational bargain in the state!
2. EVERYBODY loves the Thomas Hart Benton murals at the New Britain Museum of American Art
1. Being smarter than the average bear, they want to be first in line to use the new CTfastrac busway to Hartford!!