26 May 2012

Things that I learned watching "Heart Like a Wheel" for the first time...



...in almost 30 years:

1. As pretty and as talented as Bonnie Bedelia was in the film, she's aged wonderfully!  (See Parenthood.)


2. I love Beau Bridges, even when he plays an ass.  And I'll take him over his brother Jeff every time.

3. Despite her accomplishments, I'm pretty sure I've never heard of Shirley "Cha Cha" Muldowney in any context other than this film.

4. Nobody should wear a fake beard in a movie, and certainly not a young Anthony Edwards.  (See the end of the film.)

5. I'm very glad I've never been a car/tool guy because, as this movie demonstrates, if you are -- and you get into a fight -- there's gonna be a really large wrench handy that someone will use to whack you on the back!  Wrenches are like guns, man!  You never know when they're gonna go off!


No comments:

Post a Comment